Willkommen Sie meinen Blog

Welcome to my Blog, I'm glad you stopped by. I thought a little introduction was in order after I reviewed some Blogs of others and didn't have a clue what it was their Blog was about even after reading the last several posts. Not that it matters, if you like what I write, read on, if not, no harm no foul.

I began writing again after one of my grad classes last summer inspired me to do so. It was a class on the world famous author, Stephen King and it was incredible. In 2011 I received my Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. My undergraduate degree is also from UNCW in Sociology with a minor in Gerontology which I obtained in 2005.

A lot has changed since I began writing this Blog in 2010. I am rediscovering who it is that I am and what makes me happy. Feel free to read through from the beginning and see where I have come from and continue to follow along as I begin a new chapter in my life, one that proves to be interesting and filled with exciting challenges that I can't wait to share with the World. So for now, "Das ist Leben"...this is life!


Thursday, January 13, 2011

"il Poggio" our Christmas 2010 Timeshare resort


il Poggio Entrance




Tuscany, Italy was everything I thought it would be and more. We stayed at il Poggio, a resort owned by farmers who maintain organic orchards, raise organic fed animals, and serve them all in their Tuscan restaurant in the Main House. They also have a vineyard and skilled equestrian center. The hill where the farm stands offers peerless views over the Crete Senesi




Entrance & Main House


Thanks to the generous Monta Amiata, beneficial spring waters bubble to relax you at the local spas like those in San Casciano dei Bagni, Chianciano, Bagni San Filippo, Montepulciano or Bagno Vignoni. About 20 km from the Il Poggio farm you'll find the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserves, full of paths suited for every age in a vast area where flora and fauna flourish protected.



View from Main House



The kitchen in the authentic Tuscan restaurant of this estate is enhanced by the organic farm that cultivates the Poggio in his vine Sangiovese and breeds in its vast green spaces. From the Cinta Senese , the Pici and handmade pasta, the ' DOP oil organic virginuntil wine Rosso del Poggio and Poggio Corno , these food and wine can be enjoyed in the Main House restaurant or can be purchased at Dispensa Mafalda , even on line.





A Taste of Tuscany

We lived in apartment #13 during our stay and it was towards the back of the apartment area near the most amazing restaurant I've ever been to! They served handmade Pici  pasta, boar, rabbit, spinach filled chicken, and so much more. Everything was fresh and grown locally, we even had a bottle of local wine from Montepulciano called Vino Nobile.


Restaurant behind the Resort


House Wine







Now for the apartment photos




Apartment 13 "Parfait"




Court yard view from interior




Entrance to apartments, view from main house




Living Room w/pull out couch

And Fireplace!



Dining Room


Kitchen w/ tiny fridge

Bed Room

Bath Room


His & Hers potties :)




Shower



Liebe,
Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment