Willkommen Sie meinen Blog

Welcome to my Blog, I'm glad you stopped by. I thought a little introduction was in order after I reviewed some Blogs of others and didn't have a clue what it was their Blog was about even after reading the last several posts. Not that it matters, if you like what I write, read on, if not, no harm no foul.

I began writing again after one of my grad classes last summer inspired me to do so. It was a class on the world famous author, Stephen King and it was incredible. In 2011 I received my Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. My undergraduate degree is also from UNCW in Sociology with a minor in Gerontology which I obtained in 2005.

A lot has changed since I began writing this Blog in 2010. I am rediscovering who it is that I am and what makes me happy. Feel free to read through from the beginning and see where I have come from and continue to follow along as I begin a new chapter in my life, one that proves to be interesting and filled with exciting challenges that I can't wait to share with the World. So for now, "Das ist Leben"...this is life!


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jam packed weekend

Written: Tuesday, May 24th

I'm happy that I was able to go home this past weekend but for crying out loud, it's been quite a whirlwind since last Friday. First, Matt picked me up with Brady, our new Toy Poodle who is just the cutest little guy and the three of us went over to our friend's house, the Granberry's. Chelle made an amazing dinner and I got to meet our friend Dane's Mom, Leona who was visiting from Washington State. We got home kind of late but Matt had some laundry to do because he needed to pack for his upcoming TAD trip on Monday. He'll be gone for five weeks, visiting three-four different countries. Poor thing, his ECU classes started back up this past week so he won't have much free time.


Brady and his Pluto

On Saturday, I met up with Chelle, Charece, Jenny, Leona, and April to shop at the Flea Market on Panzer. We had a lot of fun and I found a few great bargains. Matt ran some errands while I was shopping and when we met back up we headed over to the Commissary, Shoppette, and then Breuningerland for some cigars before heading over to our friend Warren's house for a cookout. Warren will be moving back to the states soon so we wanted to see him before he left. He grilled some beef while I sliced strawberries & watermellon. I also brought over chicken drum sticks which I marinated in this delicious Caribbean Jerk, and some potatoes for the grill. Our dinner was so yummy, I love grilling! It even rained and hailed on us while we were in the middle of grilling but we didn't care. It was after 9:00 by the time we left and Matt made plans with our friend Jocelyn to catch a ride with her in the morning to Ramstein so he could make his 3:00pm flight.


Cullen, Warren, Matt

I was not a happy camper, all I wanted was some time alone with my husband before he left for five weeks and I really didn't get it at all this weekend! When Sunday night rolled around I was so depressed and to top it off I had to change my own bandages so I could shower and I had to carry all my stuff down four stories with a scared dog who didn't want to leave. If you've ever tried to put a bandage on your lower back using a mirror, you know, it's not easy! 

I dropped Brady off at Chelle's and we chatted for a while before I drove back to Bad Urach. It started raining and that's when I remembered how bad the windshield wiper blades are on my car, and then I ran out of washer fluid. When I arrived at my rehab facility it was 9:30 but nobody was at the reception desk. I took my bags to my room and then tried to park my car in the garage but it wouldn't let me in so I had to park up the hill in a four hour parking zone and just prayed I wouldn't get a ticket.

Sometimes life sucks; so you go to bed, pray you get another shot at it in the morning, and thank God when you wake up. It could always be worse. I have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes the negatives just stand out so much more.

Liebe,
Mandy




No comments:

Post a Comment