Willkommen Sie meinen Blog

Welcome to my Blog, I'm glad you stopped by. I thought a little introduction was in order after I reviewed some Blogs of others and didn't have a clue what it was their Blog was about even after reading the last several posts. Not that it matters, if you like what I write, read on, if not, no harm no foul.

I began writing again after one of my grad classes last summer inspired me to do so. It was a class on the world famous author, Stephen King and it was incredible. In 2011 I received my Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. My undergraduate degree is also from UNCW in Sociology with a minor in Gerontology which I obtained in 2005.

A lot has changed since I began writing this Blog in 2010. I am rediscovering who it is that I am and what makes me happy. Feel free to read through from the beginning and see where I have come from and continue to follow along as I begin a new chapter in my life, one that proves to be interesting and filled with exciting challenges that I can't wait to share with the World. So for now, "Das ist Leben"...this is life!


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy 235th Birthday to the United States Marine Corps

What it means to me, to be the wife of a U.S. Marine


Marine Corps ball 2010


Being a Marine Corps wife means being flexible and resourceful at all times, with as little notice and resources as possible. It means moving to new places every three years which means making new friends, finding a new job, and claiming damaged household goods…every three years. As the wife of a Marine we learn how to fix things around the house even if we don’t know the name of the tool used to do the job. We change our own flat tires, sometimes even the oil, and make sure the tread is still “good” before making an eight-hour road trip across the Country in the dead of winter to visit family while hubby is deployed. 


Nutcracker



It means mailing Christmas cards to APO’s and PCS’s to friends far away; baking cookies and delivering them to wounded warriors around the holidays. We teach our children to say “sir, and ma’am” and raise our sons to open doors for ladies. There will always be tears to cry and bills to pay, but at the end of the day, seeing those boots at the front door makes me think of one thing: they are worn by a U.S. Marine who fights for my freedom, salutes the American flag, and will forever and always hold the key to my heart.


















God Bless the Marine Corps
Semper Fidelis,
Mandy Lyman

Daughter of a U.S. Marine Corps LtCol (Ret), and proud wife of a U.S. Marine Sgt.

No comments:

Post a Comment