Willkommen Sie meinen Blog

Welcome to my Blog, I'm glad you stopped by. I thought a little introduction was in order after I reviewed some Blogs of others and didn't have a clue what it was their Blog was about even after reading the last several posts. Not that it matters, if you like what I write, read on, if not, no harm no foul.

I began writing again after one of my grad classes last summer inspired me to do so. It was a class on the world famous author, Stephen King and it was incredible. In 2011 I received my Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. My undergraduate degree is also from UNCW in Sociology with a minor in Gerontology which I obtained in 2005.

A lot has changed since I began writing this Blog in 2010. I am rediscovering who it is that I am and what makes me happy. Feel free to read through from the beginning and see where I have come from and continue to follow along as I begin a new chapter in my life, one that proves to be interesting and filled with exciting challenges that I can't wait to share with the World. So for now, "Das ist Leben"...this is life!


Monday, September 20, 2010

The Lymans have arrived; in Germany that is!

Mandy's first meal in Germany
Lamm Kebap und Pommes-Frites
We arrived in Stuttgart at 8:30am (on Sunday, Sept, 5th 2010) Germany time which meant it was 2:30am US time. The flight wasn't bad, we ended up in the best seats on the plane down south of first & business class of course. We were right in front of the TV which meant we didn't have anybody sitting in front of us, just the wall and plenty of leg room! I think we deserved it after I spent the entire flight from Norfolk, VA to Atlanta, GA listening to a 19 year old sophomore talk about PCC (Pensacola Christian College). He was very sweet but didn't know how to take a hint. Even after he said "I'm hoping to get some sleep on this flight", he grabs his huge pillow and puts it on his lap, and I say, "go ahead, don't let me stop you". He just kept talking the entire flight! I even started looking out the window, reading a magazine, and yawning. Matt was listening to his Ipod comfortably in the seat in front of me, no clue why they placed us in separate rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment