Willkommen Sie meinen Blog

Welcome to my Blog, I'm glad you stopped by. I thought a little introduction was in order after I reviewed some Blogs of others and didn't have a clue what it was their Blog was about even after reading the last several posts. Not that it matters, if you like what I write, read on, if not, no harm no foul.

I began writing again after one of my grad classes last summer inspired me to do so. It was a class on the world famous author, Stephen King and it was incredible. In 2011 I received my Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. My undergraduate degree is also from UNCW in Sociology with a minor in Gerontology which I obtained in 2005.

A lot has changed since I began writing this Blog in 2010. I am rediscovering who it is that I am and what makes me happy. Feel free to read through from the beginning and see where I have come from and continue to follow along as I begin a new chapter in my life, one that proves to be interesting and filled with exciting challenges that I can't wait to share with the World. So for now, "Das ist Leben"...this is life!


Monday, September 20, 2010

2010 München Oktoberfest

Well folks, we did it! The Lymans have been in Germany for 13 days, living in a hotel, and without a vehicle. BUT...we made it to the 200th Anniversary, 2010 München Oktoberfest this past weekend and had a blast!
Thanks to our friend Warren Peace who drove us there, showed us how to take public transportation, and even quoted us in the Stars and Stripes newspaper, check out his story here: Oktoberfest-200th-Anniversary

"MUNICH, Germany — Two hundred years after Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria invited Munich’s residents to celebrate his marriage, the sun shone down on another group of festival goers Saturday as Munich’s grand mayor tapped the first keg of beer to begin what has become the annual Oktoberfest party." -Warren Peace, Stars and Stripes
Patron saint of the land
München Germany
Love,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment